Reply To: Sleeper rivets

Members Forum Track Scratch building track Sleeper rivets Reply To: Sleeper rivets

Steve Young

    Plumbers use a thixotropic solvent-based pipe cement. This is intended for PVC and ABS pipes and conduits. The one I had was in a can with a brush in the lid. Bit like nail varnish, but a bigger brush, and the solvent was quick thick. The smallest is 125ml and is just under £6.00 from places like Toolstation or Screwfix.

    The old can I had gave me a blinding headache, but possibly the formula  might have changed since. Use in a well ventilated space.